There are many reasons why first-party data is so important, but your recognition of it may be at risk of being drowned out by the clamour of people selling recruitment media, particularly digital and programmatic media.
To us the case for first making best use of your own customer data trumps all other media purchase decisions. Here are just four reasons why first-party data is so important.
- It’s free and uncontrovertibly yours (as long as it’s properly permissioned)
- It allows you to develop very personalised relationships with each of your customers, and hence unlock as much value as is possible from them
- It can help you understand what is really driving your new customer recruitment, particularly when multiple online and offline channels play a part in your recruitment marketing
- It can support your overall business planning based on understanding the longer-term value provided by each customer segment
To allow you to obtain that customer value you need to ensure that your single customer view contains all your customers’ online and offline behaviours, linked by all the available personal identifiers.
You also need marketing technology that joins all this together, so that there is one complete version of the truth about each customer that can be used by all your marketing applications.
This is why we suggest you need to consider installing a customer data platform or CDP
To help develop an understanding of what a CDP can do for your marketing we offer three complimentary services.
- Data duplication testing: Identify how many duplicate customer records you have. Understand the impact of wasted spend on marketing.
- Suppressions run report: Identify and suppress individuals who have moved away or deceased.
- Business casing exercise: Identify and develop use cases and financial evaluation. See the opportunities and map out the ROI prior to any commitment.
Contact us to find out how UniFida’s Customer Data Platform could add value to your business.
UniFida is the trading name of Marketing Planning Services Ltd, a London based technology and data science company set up in 2014. Our overall aim is to help organisations build more customer value at less marketing cost.
Our technology focus has been to develop UniFida. Our data science business comes both from existing users of UniFida, and from clients looking to us to solve their more complex data related marketing questions.
Marketing is changing at an explosive speed, and our ambition is to help our clients stay empowered and ahead in this challenging environment.